Saturday, May 21, 2011

SATURDAY'S DAY AT DOLPHIN SURVEYING. OVERVIEW.

I forgot to write about my experience with dolphin surveying. I will not be able to put pictures of dolphins, but there are still other pictures and videos (i love videos!) that would be of interest. We were out from 8AM-4PM looking for dolphins. When a dolphin was spotted, two people took pictures while other people took down annotations, waypoints (GPS points), salinity and temperature of water, characteristics of dolphin behaviors, etc. This all went on one sheet. Another person filled out another sheet if the dolphin was begging (waypoints were taken each time the dolphin begged). My task was using measuring the salinity and temperature and writing down the notes about behavior. It was confusing at first, but I got the hang of it pretty fast. Gwyneth also helped with the begging and specific way points. =D.. Cool Day. Very tiring due to the intense humidity, but worth it. We went swimming for a bit (ANNA was excited for swimming break...so was I lol) 
Pictures are limited. Sorry. 

Trying to figure out where the dolphin had gone (wassaw sound)


Fast motion and on effort (looking for dolphins)


Slow motion


Helping =)



Anna

Anna being funnyy





Roots exposed

Gwyneth and I smiling while boat was in motion.


Awesome

Scenery

Very Focused

I was concerned?? lol

ANNA STUCK

ANNA TRYING VERY HARD TO GET ON THE BOAT. WE WERE ALL STARING LOL


FAILED =D .. She got on the boat eventually

FUN TIMES !!!


No comments:

Post a Comment