Tuesday, May 24, 2011

I Vomited, But I Still Lived to Learn. R/V Savannah.

I was on a research vessel for two days. For the first part of the cruise ride, I was fine and hence the thousand pictures and videos that I will post up. Then, all of a sudden, a projectile of vomit was in way and I had to run to bathroom downstairs. I stayed there and oy, did I stay there. I don't remember the number of times I bowed down to a toilet, but I did. Other people were in the same situation as me and some weren't. The only thing I could do was sleep. I slept until the next day. I felt bad because I wanted to learn!!! Ugh, it is so frustrating not being able to do something because your body cannot function. It's normal. We all get seasick. It was an experience. I would take it again for the learning. I love it. Here are the Pictures and Videos. =D

The Boat

SUNRISE TAKE #1

TAKE 2
It was beautiful in person. In picture, ehhh.


The Machinery on the Vessel

Dr. Hintz waiting.
How it's done: net catching.

Elijah Bumping to Music ? lol

Me and my hair up and about

Standing on the plates before the launch

in the water already

Another Video of the process.


Net back up with lots of catch.


Sorting of the Net and trying to get everything settled.

The process of categorizing

Elijah and his Mantis Shrimp. Sanya is looking =D 


India making two fishes Kiss 0_0 lol

Forgot what that was. A Mother of Pearl I think.

A Parasite that sticks on fishes mouth. Very interesting, 
Bucket of joy: MORE FISH!!!


Measuring a Butterfly Ray!!! 

Take Two =)

Baby Hammerhead. Sadly, it died =(

Laura =) with examining the hammerhead.

Me smiling with the hammerhead!!


Dr. Hintz and Dr. Cox examining the sediments from the bottom of the ocean.

Snail

Water in the middle of NOWHERE

Red Circle lol. Lifesaver

Half of the Crew on the CDT 

I SPY LAND!!!



The sun on top of the ocean

Wassaw island from afar


The sun lovely.

Again!

Me. Tired and hair pulled pulled back because of the wind!

Me and my sprite aha.

Machinery

India under the covers

Me inside my room on the boat.

Sun Setting. =D

Elijah thanking the lord for land. lmaoo He kissed it.


Other Pictures From Gwyneth's Awesome Camera. Thanks!


REU =D

HOLLA

Fish (me in the back taking photos)

The Smallest Hog Choker (flounder 13cm Long)

Spade Fish

Forgot what that was.

The Ship

Horseshoe Crab

Emergency Drill Take 1

Take 2

Squidd

Bird.

Me Analyzing "the Situation" AHH

Flounder

The Crab


The catch

Mantis Shrimp

The parasite upfront and close.

Dolphin cruising the bow of the boat


Dolphin =D

OTHER VIDEOS 
Dolphins
Laying on the floor happy




2 comments:

  1. I'm kind of in love with your obsession with videos. Particularity the one of Eli straddling the ground. Nice post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks girl... I think I might have to fix my camera ASAP for some videos. I will have to reference some of your photos on this blog if that is okay with you.

    ReplyDelete