Friday, May 20, 2011

BEACH BUM 2011: MASSIVE WATER FIGHT!

Friday! What a wonderful day. Hot and humid over here. My day started at 8:30AM. Dr. Cox went over her research project with dolphins within the waters of Georgia. We then learned about tides and how to read chart. The Marine Lab depend on tide charts for the planning of boat rides in and out of the docks. I never really understand the importance of tides until I came here and witness the tides first hand. If you go out on a high tide, you must know at what time to come back (the next high tide). If you come in during low tide, your boat will get stranded and you will get stuck and will have to wait for the next high tide. 

Break time and then cruise prep for Monday and Tueday. Straightforward prep of what to expect. I had to think and let the large amounts of information sink. 

5PM.... BEACH BUM PARADE
It's basically a HUGE water fight with the residents and other people on Tybee Beach. It was fun even though I had to borrow some water guns. It was crazy. A lot of people made their own water guns from PVC pipes. They were more effective than other pump and shoot guns. Crazy people. Some Videos and Pics. Enjoy.



A Video of Post Beach Bum Parade. Water war was still on and I had to plead for mercy because of my camera lol.

 
Even in the van! 

People water gunning us... It was like War of Water.

Pirate Ship with GUNNED PEOPLE (water guns of course) =D

Our Fort haha. Everyone was taking part.

Drive by water gunning and others chatting

The Action!!!

Picture with Sequoia

Taryn and Gwyneth trying to dry off from the massive water fight

Part of REU students =). 

Picture with Kelly, but then we were ambushed! MIND MY FACE LOL!

Very funny with floatees. He was scared of drowning.

RELOADING

PREPARING FOR THE NEXT FLOAT

Car Ambush.

I hope I don't get sick. There was a slight breeze, but I was soaked. I had plenty of fun and it was great bonding time with the others. Great Friday. 

Tomorrow Gwyneth and I will go Dolphin watching! 



No comments:

Post a Comment